Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Illinois FOIA Requests:
In compliance with State Law (5 ILCS 140/4), each school district is required to post specific information regarding the school district as part of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requirements. This information is included in the space below. If the information you are seeking is not found in these or other documents posted on this website, you may request copies of existing documents using the FOIA Request to Inspect Records.
Burbank School District 111's procedures for handling FOIA requests are found in the Freedom of Information Act Policy (Access to District Public Records Policy 2:250). The Business Manager serves as the FOIA Compliance Officer. Email inquiries may be sent to FOIA@bsd111.org. Click here to download FOIA request form for submittal.
SCHOOL DISTRICT OBLIGATIONS
In accordance with Section 4 of the Act, the FOIA Officer will cause the School District to prominently display at each of its offices, make available for inspection, copying, and mailing to any person requesting it, the following information, which shall also be posted on the School District’s website, if it has one maintained by the School District’s full-time staff:
- a brief description of the School District, identifying and describing the membership of the School District’s Corporate Authorities and of all of its standing and special committees and other advisory bodies,
- a short summary of the School District’s purpose,
- a block diagram of its functional subdivisions,
- the approximate number of its full and part-time employees,
- identification and membership of advisory boards, commissions,
committees, or councils,
- the total amount of its operating budget,
- the number and location of each of its offices,
- a brief description of the methods whereby the public may request information and public records,
- a directory designating the Freedom of Information officer(s),
- the address where requests for public records should be directed, and
- any fees allowable under Section 6 of the Act, as set forth in Section V, above.
Details regarding the Illinois Freedom of Information Act provisions may be found in the Guide to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, prepared by the Office of Illinois Attorney General's Office.